This Grain Free Crumb Pie Crust is Nut Free, and Gluten Free. It contains chocolate cookie crumbs that are made with paleo-friendly tapioca flour, and coconut flour. It makes a wonderful no bake ice cream pie!
For this Grain Free Chocolate Cookie Crumb Pie Crust, you will need 10 cookies from my Grain Free Double Chocolate Cookies recipe.
Alternately, if you want to make a Grain Free Mint Chocolate Cookie Crumb Pie Crust, use 10 cookies from my Grain Free Mint Chocolate Cookies recipe.
I suggest chilling the cookies in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before adding them to the food processor. This helps them break into crumbly grounds instead of just smushing together.
Add softened butter and process until the ingredients come together. Using your fingers press the “dough” into a buttered pie plate.
Chill in the freezer until frozen and then add your pie filling ingredients to the chilled crust.
For an ice cream pie, just add softened ice cream to the chilled crust, and then return to the freezer to set up. Top it with something fun, like shaved chocolate, drizzled chocolate, nuts, or whatever sounds yummiest with your ice cream flavor!
My family loves when I make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie using my Homemade Mint Ice Cream Recipe!
What kind of grain free pie will you make??
- 10 Grain Free Double Chocolate Cookies (or Grain Free Mint Chocolate Cookies for a mint chocolate crust)
- 4 Tbs grass fed, pasture raised butter, plus enough to grease a pie plate (or palm shortening for dairy-free)
- I recommend using organic ingredients when possible.
- Chill the cookies in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Using the blade attachment on a food processor, pulse the frozen cookies until they are the size of coffee grounds.
- Add softened butter and process until the ingredients come together.
- Using your fingers press the “dough” into the bottom of a buttered pie plate and up the sides.
- Chill in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Add your choice of pie filling.