This Spiced Maple Caramel Sauce has all the flavors of autumn. It is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, molasses, and apple cider.
Want to make this in advance? No problem! This stores well in the fridge and can easily be reheated in the microwave or on the stove.
Try this sauce over my Homemade Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream, yum!
To see more recipes, CLICK HERE.
Tbsgrass-fed pasture-raised butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- ½ cup grass-fed pasture-raised heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbs unfiltered apple cider
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice mix (I like the one from Trader Joes)
- ¼ tsp fine ground sea salt
- I recommend using organic ingredients when possible.
- Add butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. When it begins to froth, add the maple syrup and molasses, and whisk well. When the mixture begins to bubble and froth whisk in the apple cider and lemon juice. Continue whisking for 2 minutes, the color will deepen.
- Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream, and continue to whisk until the mixture begins to bubble and froth again (about 1 minute). Set burner to low and continue to whisk the caramel mixture for another 5 or 6 minutes, or until it reduces and becomes thick and sticky.
- Take off the heat and add the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well and serve while warm.
- Makes ½ cup of caramel sauce.