This is seriously the Best Steak Rub Ever!
I always have a batch of this steak rub in my pantry. During warm months I make a triple batch because we do so much grilling.
Simply rub 1 tsp of the rub all over your steak, (don’t forget the sides), and grill to your liking.
I have even used this on a whole beef tenderloin for a party. Everyone loves it!
- 4 Tbs coarse kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbs dried thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried cracked rosemary
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tsp lemon pepper (I like Penzeys)
- Mix all ingredients together and store covered, in a cool dry place.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of rub over front, back, and sides of each steak. Rub the spice blend into the meat. Allow the meat to come to room temperature on the counter while the grill is heating.
- For a more intense flavor, you can apply the rub the day before, cover, and store the steaks in the refrigerator. When you are ready to cook them, remove the steaks to the counter and allow them to come to room temperature while the grill is heating.