Cauliflower Rice recipe is a simple and versatile side dish. It is the savior of saucy Paleo recipes everywhere!
Are you new to eating grain free and worry that you will have to give up all your favorite recipes that are served over rice? Never fear, cauliflower rice is a delicious and nutritious substitution!
You can serve this cauliflower rice with a multitude of different flavor palates: Indian, Asian, American, French…
For step-by-step instructions, scroll down past the recipe.
Try this cauliflower rice with my Paleo Slow Cooker Pork recipe:
Or try it with my Paleo Orange Chicken recipe:
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 tbs of grass fed, pasture raised butter (or your favorite fat)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut a head of cauliflower into florets.
- Grate florets in a food processor.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pot over a medium burner, and add the gratings to the pot.
- Salt and pepper to taste and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. The "rice" should be softened, but still have a little bite.
Step-by-step instructions with photos:
The recipe is really simple:
Cut a head of cauliflower into florets.
Insert the grater blade into your food processor…
and grate away!
One small head of cauliflower produces between 4 and 5 cups of shredded cauliflower.
Now just heat a tablespoon of your favorite fat (I like grass fed butter), in a pot over a medium burner, and add the gratings to the pot.
Salt and pepper to taste and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. The “rice” should be softened, but still have a little bite.