You would never know that this Spiced Pumpkin Bundt Cake is Gluten Free. It is incredibly moist and delicious!
For a dairy free version, just substitute coconut oil for the butter.
The Maple Glaze is optional, my husband prefers this gluten free pumpkin bundt cake without the glaze, but I like to gild the lilly. Up to you…
To see more recipes, CLICK HERE.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted butter (pasture-raised, grass-fed)
- 1 Tbs soft butter to grease pan
- 1 & ½ cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- For the maple glaze:
- ¼ cup butter (pasture-raised, grass-fed)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs unfiltered apple cider
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- (I recommend using organic ingredients when possible)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Combine dry ingredients: gluten-free flour mix, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In separate large mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy, (I used a hand mixer). Blend in coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, vanilla extract, and melted butter with a mixer on low just until combined. Do not over mix!
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased, large Bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- If you are using the Maple Glaze, you should place the hot pan upside down onto a wire rack, then pour maple glaze over warm bundt cake (you may not need all of the glaze, add to taste). When cake has cooled, carefully transfer it to a serving plate.
- The cake should just slip right out, but this site has a great tutorial for decanting bundt cakes.
- For the Maple Glaze (optional):
- Add ¼ cup of butter to a saucepan over medium heat. When butter begins to froth, add the next 7 ingredients and whisk together. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes to reduce, stir frequently.