This Paleo Crab Salad features tangerines, avocado and a tangy white balsamic vinaigrette. It tastes like summer!
I was first introduced to citrus and crab together at my Aunt Rose’s home in California. She has citrus trees all over the place: lemons, tangelos, oranges, grapefruits, even kumquats. Aunt Rose made a delicious crab salad with a tangelo and a grapefruit. The fruit was still warm from the sun, and when she put the cut pieces in the bowl, the citrus juices were running down her arm.
I can’t always find fruit that fresh, especially in November. In this version of Aunt Rose’s Citrus Crab Salad I used a tangerine, you can use what ever looks fresh. I also grabbed claw meat instead of lump by mistake, but honestly it was still delicious and less expensive!
Just chop your ingredients to roughly the same size, and toss everything together. Throw in your herbs, and some salt and pepper. Serve it on a bed of lettuce and you have lunch!
To see more recipes, CLICK HERE.
- 16 ounces of
crabmeat(lump or claw)
- 2 large stalks of celery chopped
- 1 tangerine diced (or orange, tangelo, grapefruit…)
- ½ avocado diced
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 2 Tbs chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs chopped chives
- baby lettuce mix
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs orange juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 & ½ Tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- I recommend using organic ingredients when possible.
- For the vinaigrette: whisk together the white balsamic, 1Tbs orange juice, and salt. Then drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: crab meat, celery, tangerine, avocado, cucumber, parsley, and chives, Pour vinaigrette over the mixture, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over baby field greens.