Roasted Grape Tomatoes is a quick and easy side dish. Roasting brings out a smoky sweet depth, which turns ordinary tomatoes into something special.
If you have never roasted tomatoes before, I encourage you to give it a try.
This recipe is so simple it hardly qualifies as a recipe. You only need six ingredients:
I used a carton of Trader Joe’s organic grape tomatoes, but you could use cherry tomatoes too… whichever looks good that day.
Just spread the tomatoes onto a foil lined sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
Finish with a drizzle of balsamic and some chopped fresh basil, and you’re done!
Roasted Grape Tomatoes are great on a salad, or even tossed with some garlicky shrimp or chicken and served over zoodles.
I had some last night, alongside a grilled steak and a caesar salad, yum!
- 3 cups of grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread tomatoes onto a foil lined baking sheet, toss with olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes in a 400-degree oven.
- Drizzle balsamic over the roasted tomatoes and stir. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, and serve.