Grass Fed Herb Butter is a great way to dress up so many dishes. It’s delicious on steak and seafood, as well as vegetables, and even eggs!
This is more of a method than a recipe. You can make many different versions of herb butter (a.k.a compound butter) using different herbs, and even spices.
For this recipe I used parsley, rosemary, thyme, and garlic.
For Mothers Day this year my husband and my sons planted herb pots for me, (Isn’t that sweet?!) I’m always looking for ways to use fresh herbs in the summer.
My kids love when I put a pat of herb butter on steaks grilled with my Best Steak Rub Ever! They call it “Steak Butter”.
My husband loves when I scramble eggs with it. I like to add some lemon zest to Grass Fed Herb Butter and use it to cook vegetables. It is fantastic on grilled corn!
Try it on my Grain Free Cauliflower Gnocchi!
You can store the butter in a covered dish in the refrigerator, or you can shape it into a log and wrap it in wax paper for easy slicing. Just roll it up, twist the ends, and then wrap again in plastic wrap.
It will keep for about two weeks in the refrigerator, and a few months in the freezer. I usually make a double batch and store half of it in the freezer. If you are freezing the butter, I suggest storing the wrapped log in a zip close freezer bag, for additional protection.
My favorite butter is Kerrygold! It is so delicious, and I like that it is made from grass-fed pasture-raised cows. Costco is carrying Kerrygold butter now, so I stock up and store it in my freezer.
- 16 Tbs grass fed pasture-raised salted butter, softened (or add ¼ tsp salt if butter is unsalted)
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tsp fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced with a garlic press
- Using a fork, thouroghly mix softened butter with chopped herbs and garlic. Store refrigerated in a covered container for two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months.
- For easy slicing, shape the butter into a log and roll up in wax paper. Twist ends, and wrap once again in plastic wrap.